Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from central Florida

dagadget

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 02:24, cloudsweeper said:

Indeed - it's one of the most popular sights in the sky.  And when you look at the M45 Pleiades Cluster nearby, note also the nebulosity there.  You should be able to spot three or four patches of it.  It helps to vary the magnification a bit (but still maintaining a nice field of view) - increasing mag can improve the contrast up to a point.

Doug.

Pleiades I also like that and the nebulosity is indeed there. I just received my new Paradigm 18mm and it is amazing in Both of my telescopes.  My Eyepieces for the Nexstar range from a Tele Vue Panoptic 27mm down to the Astro Tech Paradigm ED 8mm. In between I have a ES 24 Paradigm 18, 15 and a 10mm Plossl plus a 2 X Barlow. So when the skies clear I am going to have a lot of good looking.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I last posted I have acquired a GSO 42mm a Panoptic 35mm and an ES 82 11mm to go along with 3 Astro-Tech Paradigms in 18, 15 and 8mm.  I also have a Panoptic 27 that I mentioned before. In my Nexstar 8SE the Panoptic 35 and 27 are excellent. The ES 82 11mm also allows a nice field of view in the 8SE. I also use all of the eyepieces in 1.25 inch in my 114 Newtonian 910.  The ES 68 24 and the ES 11 with the Astro Tech Paradigms give me a lot of options when I am out viewing. It has been the advice I have gotten and read in here that help me assemble what I have. The only eyepiece not shown in the case is the ES 82 11 which I had not acquired when I took the photo shown.

DSC01147.JPG

• 1 month later...

Archived