Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pelican Nebula Ha

Rodd

I added 4 hours of data to my previous 1.5 hours and was astonished at the clarity of the dark structures between the NA Nebula and the Pelican Nebula.  I knew that the dark gulf between the two is not background space, but rather dark dust in front of the nebulae, but I never really saw it that way until now.  Now its as clear as day.  Can't wait to add color.

Televue np101is at 4.3mm FL, SBIG STT-8300, Astrodon 3nm Ha filter, 11 30 minute subs

Int-11a.jpg

1 hour ago, PatrickGilliland said:

Nice work Rodd - some nice detail in there LBN 935 area looking good (my yard stick for detail on this object).  Few more subs if you want to kill the grain but i would not worry about that too much it looks quite nice.

Paddy

Thanks Paddy--now the trick will be adding OIII and SII without degrading the image 

7 minutes ago, Rodd said:

Thanks Paddy--now the trick will be adding OIII and SII without degrading the image 

I Know what you mean but I found that when you start looking at it as a change rather than a degradation you then work better with the data.  Plenty of signal around here though so you should be OK on this one.

Paddy 

Archived