Narrowband

hello from South Dakota

sdnitesky

I've been interested in astronomy for years. I used to have a friend that had a telescope ( can't remember the brand or size) it was large and the images impressive. I recently picked up a Celestron 127EQ for little to nothing. Initially, I couldn't see anything through it. I cleaned the mirrors, bought a collimator and collimated it. I was able to see the moon but there was mor work to be done . . . The lens adjuster had to much slack so I made some spacers and installed them. It changed that completely; no more slop & jiggle in the eyepiece.

It is a cheap scope and I paid nearly nothing for it. It is, however, large enough to be exciting to play with and explore the nite sky's. Anyway, I hope to learn a bunch here and share in the excitement & exploration of the distant world around us.

Gus

Archived