Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

This Sunday BBC4

DaveS

This Sunday BBC4, 9.00 pm, Destination Titan, a repeat about the team behind the Huygens probe, followed by Sky at Night, 10.00pm looking at the possibility of life on Mars.

Oh yes, and Planet Earth II on BBC1 at 8.00. I think that's my evenings TV sorted.

With the Moon getting so near full I'm not sure if I'll be imaging, even if it does clear.

On 12/11/2016 at 21:37, DaveS said:

This Sunday BBC4, 9.00 pm, Destination Titan, a repeat about the team behind the Huygens probe, followed by Sky at Night, 10.00pm looking at the possibility of life on Mars.

Oh yes, and Planet Earth II on BBC1 at 8.00. I think that's my evenings TV sorted.

With the Moon getting so near full I'm not sure if I'll be imaging, even if it does clear.

Heads up, program starts out saying Saturn is "a billion and a half miles away". A quick google search shows this to be wrong. If they can get such a basic fact wrong, makes you wonder what else they say is a load of tosh.

9 minutes ago, Pluto the Snowman said:

Heads up, program starts out saying Saturn is "a billion and a half miles away". A quick google search shows this to be wrong. If they can get such a basic fact wrong, makes you wonder what else they say is a load of tosh.

John Zarnecki actually was referring to the space craft being a billion and a half miles away. He did also add "near Saturn" though, which I agree could mislead.

I'll watch out for "tosh" as the programme contines.

Archived