Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wow..its been a long time

k9wis

Can't believe its been over a year since I checked in here last.

I've been giving star talks, running planetarium shows, and leading sky watches at the Horwitz Planetarium in Waukesha, Wi.  I've also been leading the Boy Scout Merit badge effort at the planetarium. Our sky watch nites are growing as our fan base is starting to invest in telescopes and finding that they need to learn how to use them. So once a month, weather willing, we meet and help them observe some basic DSO's using 'their' telescopes. Its quite rewarding to see the spirit of frustration disappear when they see something like M13 or M31 in their own scopes. Then we challenge them to find other DSO's.

we also encourage binocular observing and look for wide bright clusters and Nebula like M42. If you have any favorites that you can see in 10x50 or 7x35 binoculars I;ld like to hear about them and share them with our observers.

Brian K9WIS

Archived