Couple videos from last night.

MilwaukeeLion

Couple videos into images with ZWO ASI 120mm on ES 152mm.  Red filter with and without Televue 2.5 x barlow.  One minute each into pip - as2 - PS (Grayscale).  Not best conditions with everyone burning leaves, but came out pretty ok.

Happy super duper moon !

ML

1.jpg

2.jpg

1 hour ago, Debo said:

Great images ML.  I've never used a red filter for lunar imaging, what do you think are the advantages/benefits ?

I think it is that the longer wavelength of light helps negate variability in the seeing conditions.  Also, he may be imaging with an achro so there may be CA.

29 minutes ago, Debo said:

Great images ML.  I've never used a red filter for lunar imaging, what do you think are the advantages/benefits ?

I shot red, green and blue to combine into the color image below but something went wrong, really ugly, rainbow in middle, since red was best just worked with it best I could.  I did take a one min vid with LP filter and going to process tonight, see how that turned out.  Any lunar filter recommendations let me know, relatively new to lunar close ups. 

3ChannelsCombined - Copy.jpg

Archived