Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

connecting eq mod, phd2 and cdc where am i going wrong

sooot

now I have myself a permanent setup I have decided to lose the hand controller and start controlling the scope from the pc,  my problem is I cannot for the life of me get all the programs to work together, I can control and align in cdc but then I cant get phd2 to load, I get a second eqmod window appear saying connection error, I then have to switch off cdc to open phd2 to get it to work, I have read about turning permissions for all software to administrator, but that has not worked,

am I missing a simple obvious tickable option in these programs? or am I supposed to be using the st4 cable. a little guidance or a point in the right direction will be very helpful because my head is a shed and a jam packed shed at that

az eq6 running on windows 8 and all software up to date (should be reinstalled it all)

Hi Sooot

Ok you can open CDC on it's own & PHD2 on it's own but not together. Check your EQMOD configurations they should be identical. No you don't need a ST4 cable if you have set EQMOD to pulse guide correctly. What image acquisition software are you using?

Steve

1 hour ago, sooot said:

Working now. Only thing i changed ( i think)was administrator rights on artemis capture. Please dont tell me that was my problem

When two separate instances of EQMOD appear this is an indication that different parts of your automation software are running with different windows rights - so long as they are all running at the same level there is no issue. Usually this occurs when one program has been given administrator rights and the solution is either to find out which one and demote it - or give admin rights to the other apps. Note that some folks worry about granting admin rights to apps and in truth it shouldn't be needed - but sometimes it is the easiest way to get things working.

Archived