Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Dinozorr

Astronomik EOS clip in light pollution filters

Good evening all. 

Could I ask for some advice please.

ive booked a week in Tenerife in December.

i want to take my canon 5dmk3 and a couple of lenses plus my astrotrac.

i have one evening booked guided photography sessions up mount Teide. The rest of the evenings will I expect be lower down near where we will be staying at Los Chritianos So plenty of light pollution I expect?

so my question is would a clip in light pollution filter by Astronomik help with cutting the possible light pollution. 

If you have used one please could you give me your opinion on how well they worked for you and any examples.

tbanks for any advise.

IMG_2055.PNG

I love mine and think it does a great job.

Not sure i can help anymore than that as i guess it's efficiency will be dependent on the type of light, my area is mostly sodium lighting so it was perfect for me.

• Like 1

They work just fine.

Remember the full frame one keeps the mirror up so you cannot see through the finder.

• Like 1

I've heard generally that they are pretty good but also been informed that they don't work with EFS lenses which is a bit of a show stopper for me as my primary lens for widefield is canons 24mm f/2.8 EFS pancake lens.

Dave...