Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bought telescope first time...

deepind

Hi all,

For the first time in my life i have bought a telescope(celestron astromaster 130eq)..So iam very intrested in seeing my favourite orion nebulae , How can i get a closer image of it like shown in many pictures..Is it possible to see very closer from this telescope and how the color comes? is the color of nebulae is fake or real? What eyepiece can i use to see the distant deepsky objects very close and clearly...

Thank u....

welcome respond. The colour in the photos is real, but it comes from long exposure photographs which the eye just isn't capable of picking up. You will see some colours in the night sky, but it will mostly be black and white, especially for DSOs. Large apperture (up at like 18") may show some colour on the brighter objects on a good night.

there is a thread called "what can I expect to see" - I think it's pinned in this section - have a read of that.

:)

Welcome.

The Orion Nebula is one of the clearest DSOs we can see. Other DSOs, with visual observing, often look like a small and faint grey fuzzies. When they are star clusters, you can often resolve them into individual stars, when the sky is quiet. But things like galaxies will stay fuzzy. Take a look also in the sketch forum. And if you see a sketch, look at the size of the telescope.

Astro-photographers with a modest size telescope and a sturdy mount can take impressive pictures of DSOs. This requires long exposure and an investment in a following mount and learning the right techniques.

What will give you the best pictures of DSOs are dark skies! A grey blob that you see at home, can be resolved into a globular cluster with thousands of stars under a dark sky.

welcome

Taking images your first option is afocal. This is holding something like a camera phone up to the eyepeice and being very steady and taking an image. Depending on how sensitive your camera is you might capture something.

I find using google to find out about the deep space object I am looking at helps tell a vivid story as what I can actually see is a grey shady blob.

Regards afocal-photography, the pictured adapter is widely available, bearing many different outfit's brands - but all the same.

Digital Camera-Mount a.jpeg

Digital Camera-Mount b.jpeg

If you get one, they are usually stiff and hard to use. disassembling them is easy - then clean off the old grease they come with, and re-grease with better stuff. Then they work very nicely.

Enjoy!

Dave

On 17/11/2016 at 03:24, Dave In Vermont said:

Regards afocal-photography, the pictured adapter is widely available, bearing many different outfit's brands - but all the same.

Digital Camera-Mount a.jpeg

Digital Camera-Mount b.jpeg

If you get one, they are usually stiff and hard to use. disassembling them is easy - then clean off the old grease they come with, and re-grease with better stuff. Then they work very nicely.

Enjoy!

Dave

I bought one of these (Zhumell branded) way back when i bought my 1st scope. Great piece of kit if all you have is a point and shoot digicam.

Archived