SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Wizard / Flying Horse Nebula DSLR

gorann

Here is an evolution of my Wizard Nebula collaboration with Ole Alexander Ødegård (aka Xplode). It contains his Ha and OIII data (12" TS Imaging Newtonean and a mono modded Canon 6D) and a bit of RGB data (from my ES 5" apo refractor and a Canon 60Da). I think its is totally about 7 hours of data. I love this object as there is so many things I can imagine to see in it. I have marked two here.

Any comments and suggestions are very welcome

WizardOIII+Ha OA+IMG1921-43CropSign.jpg

WizardOIII+Ha OA+IMG1921-43CropSignFaces.jpg

Still cloudy skies over here so I entertained myself with the Ha and OIII data from Ole Alexander and made a kind of Hubble version of it (I made a suppressed light mix of them to use as artificial green channel - is that how it should be done?). So it is very much the same data (without the RGB) but with a very different final appearance. Instead of the bulky, maybe flying-horse-like appearance of the first version, I now see a glowing hollow. I think the first version is more true to what it would look like to our eyes, while the second one is maybe more striking.

WizardOIII+Ha+false green Hubble PS4sign.jpg

Archived