Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Have i made a mistake ?

burnout

So i have managed to acquire a brand new at not very much money  PX35C COOLAIR camera.

I know its not the best out there by a country mile but iam only wanting to dip in my toe (nail) into imaging ..moon and stuff 

So what do i need to connect it to my scope it says it cannot reach focus without a c/cs lens ? 

i only have a 2xbarlow and a 25mm EP so what is it i need to get to make this work .

sorry for the dumb questions.

You need an adapter to slot the camera into your drawtube - it looks like https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/125-low-profile-nosepiece-to-webcam-lens-thread-toucam-840k.html but the small end will be a C/CS thread to screw into your camera.

You may also need your barlow to reach focus, depending on your scope.

Not sure if FLO do the C-thread adapter, but you could check.

Just now, daz said:

You need an adapter to slot the cameras into your drawtube - it looks like https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/125-low-profile-nosepiece-to-webcam-lens-thread-toucam-840k.html but the small end will be a C/CS thread to screw into your camera.

You may also need your barlow to reach focus, depending on your scope.

Not sure if FLO do the C-thread adapter, but you could check.

thanks for the speedy reply ....it did come with a cs to 1.25 adapter so does that just fit into the barlow ? 

27 minutes ago, burnout said:

thanks for the speedy reply ....it did come with a cs to 1.25 adapter so does that just fit into the barlow ? 

I would try using it and achieving focus without the barlow first as you'll find an object easier to obtain.  Once you're on target, pop in your barlow and then re-focus :thumbright:

Archived