Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lunar rays

jetstream

20" for lunar....:thumbsup: I had the 15" /binos out the other night, stunning to say the least. The seeing and wind last night made the 120mm a perfect option and the wide views really gave an excellent presentation of those shadows- I guess shadows is a better way to describe them. The binos gave such fantastic views, much better than mono IMHO.

The detail in larger aperture telescopes cannot be understated though, even when seeing forces down the mag. I've had people literally shocked after viewing the moon through the 15"...

I certainly noticed the shadows!. I also agree that despite its proximity and brightness, the Moon is a great candidate for large apertures and magnification when possible. No other astronomical object offers so much detail.   :icon_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Peter Drew said:

I certainly noticed the shadows!. I also agree that despite its proximity and brightness, the Moon is a great candidate for large apertures and magnification when possible. No other astronomical object offers so much detail.   :icon_biggrin:

I'll never forget my first view of the Moon through my 8" scope. It was a perfect night for observing and i was using my newly purchased (but never before tried) 4mm Celestron Omni. I honestly felt like i was hovering just a few hundred metres above the Lunar surface. Have never had such a perfect night since. Cant say ive used the 4mm omni since, either.

Archived