Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pelican revisited (200pds) - Cannistra colour

Uranium235

Fireworks were going off all over the place, but it was a good sky last night so I found it hard to say no..... so I wheeled out the big gun to have another pop at the pelican and take it to a state of being completely noise free. Only the lightest touch of NR was used on this... tbh I could have gotten away with using none at all!

The only downside was a little camera rotation so the diffraction spikes on the two larger stars arent as sharp as they could be. I borrowed the colour from my previous 130pds project to colour it, and it worked quite well considering it was shot at 1/3rd of the resolution (a little gaussian blur helped there). I did move on to the wizard with intentions of grabbing the HH later on but a quick look at Meteox told me rain was incoming - so I had to dash down the garden to get everythiing in before the heavens opened (which they duly obliged 5min later!).

Processing wise, I havent pushed this a lot and dialled back the saturation a bit so sunglasses are not required :)

I'll probably have a go again tonight, but compared to last night its probably going to sound like WW III...lol

24x600 (Ha) + Cannistra colour from previous project

Resolution: 1.1" p/p

Thanks for looking! :)

30704432511_8c01ee8267_o.jpg

4 minutes ago, gorann said:

Really pretty, sharp and noise free! Was it with your SW 200PDS? In that case your NEQ6 handles that big scope very well. What camera did you use?

Thanks Gorann, I used the Atik 383L+ on it. The 200pds has it moments (both good and bad), but last night it behaved well enough... I wouldnt like to try it on a windy night but the NEQ6 needs both counterweights and usually demands some pretty good balancing, PA and cooling before its ready for action... unilke the Star71 which I can just chuck out there and let it get on with its business!

14 hours ago, PatrickGilliland said:

Nice work Rob - palette is nice and noise well managed, possibly at the expense of some fine detail.  However that does not detract from a nice perspective on this target and a great image.

Paddy

Thanks Paddy, if I wanted to take it to the next level (ie: grab all the fine detail) it would probably need a few more hours so I can get in there with a double dose of high pass -  but the camera is tied up on the Star71 now... ahhh I suffer from a chronic shortage of cameras (dont we all!) :)

Archived