SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

'Back in the Saddle'

centroid

After a two month lay-off from imaging, during which time the obsy went through a major upgrade (new rotating turret, extended warmroom, and re-decorating), it was nice to 'fire' every thing up again, and find that it all still worked. :D

I thought I'd start off with a nice easy target, to get back into the 'swing of things', and see how much I'd forgotten. :D

M27 'fitted the bill' nicely, so that's what I went for.

Its nice to be 'back in the saddle', and here's the result of 11x500 sec subs:

12" LX200R at f/7, and SXVF-H9C camera. Processed using AA4.

post-13389-133877344261_thumb.jpg

Steve,

With both of my SX cameras, the old MX7C, and the newer SXVF-H9C, that depth of colour saturation, is very consistent on M27 images, irrespective of whatever software the 'colour conversion' (debayering) is done with.

I guess the 285 'chip' is very sensitive to the strong reds and blues within M27.

The contrast, is 'user generated', and I guess it does depend on personal preference.

So, here's another version, with your preferences applied. Only because you are a nice chap, of course. :D

Dave

Good to see you posting images again Dave 8)

This is only my personal preference but it'd be great to see the same image with less contrast and saturation :D

Steve,

With both of my SX cameras, the old MX7C, and the newer SXVF-H9C, that depth of colour saturation, is very consistent on M27 images, irrespective of whatever software the 'colour conversion' (debayering) is done with.

I guess the 285 'chip' is very sensitive to the strong reds and blues within M27.

The contrast, is 'user generated', and I guess it does depend on personal preference.

So, here's another version, with your preferences applied. Only because you are a nice chap, of course. :D

Dave

You are a Gent :clouds1:

Torn between the two images Dave!! The first has really intense and beautiful colour which I like very much. 8) The second seems a little more subdued but with no loss of detail compared to the first - maybe a bit more "natural" - if that's the right word? :scratch:

Contender for POW perhaps?? :D

Cheers

Bill£ :D

lovely shot..

it might be my screen, but your background was very dark. I wonder if u have clipped your black point a bit high, and have therefore lost some data.

It is a great photo nonetheless. I might prefer the first version. Planetary nebula have lots of blue emission, and perhaps to the human eye this would look a deep vibrant blue

Well done

Paul

Archived