Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 457 - Owl Cluster from Les Granges

gnomus

We are coming towards the end of our week at Olly's Place.  Tremendous week.  So far we've imaged 4 nights out of 5.  And we are imaging again as I type (night 5).  Forecast for tomorrow looks a little ropy, but we shall see.  We have amassed a ridiculous amount of data - I think we may be around 70 hours so far.  You may have already seen Olly's terrific rendition of the California Nebula - https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/280659-355-hrs-in-california/

Whilst the dual Taks were running on another target, we grabbed 5.5 hours on the Owl Cluster in Cassiopeia using Olly's TEC 140.  This is equal amounts of RGB.  Even on the TEC, the Atik 11000 gives an impressive FOV.  As well as the Owl, you can see the cluster NGC 436.  I processed, but under Olly's very careful supervision..... :director:

Owl Cluster 1800px.jpg

As  a little aside, here is a 'through the eyepiece' presentation of the Owl alone:

Owl Eyepiece 1400px.jpg 

Archived