SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

QHY5 Guide Camera Dead or Not?

PeterCPC

Last night I could not get my QHY5 to work. I have been playing with it today - uninstalling drivers and reinstalling. It seemed to have expired but has just come back to life - maybe.

I have been getting these messages in PHD2 about ASCOM and windows. Anyone have any idea what these mean? As I say I reinstalled all the drivers including ASCOM.

Before it goes in the bin, can anyone offer any assistance please.

Peter

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

1 minute ago, PeterCPC said:

It seems to work in Sharpcap ok. Using the same lead. It's now also working in PHD 2.6.2. but last night it would not. I guess that I'll have to try it at night again to see.

Peter

Hiya

I have similar problems with my qhy5l-ii mono. It seems to be very sensitive to the cable which, although is usb 2.0 Hi-Speed and shielded, sometimes gives problems. It's a 2m cable with a 1m extension so well within the 5m usb limit. Go figure...

Louise

1 minute ago, PeterCPC said:

Hi Louise

I have been using the same cable since I got the camera and it has not caused any problems to date but I could try a new cable.

Peter

Sometimes it's just the way the cable runs and whether it goes near any potential sources of electrical noise.

Louise

As mentioned, try another USB cable...but if it is working in FireCapture it may not be that.

Some people do have issues with them... luckily mine have been fine so far.

I'd suspect the drivers, you could try an older version of them...

Whatever you do, don't bin it...I'd take the black camera to C/CS adapter from you...another member crushed theirs in a vice :)

Archived