Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

kit- super-tak 35/135, 1200d unmodded, Heq5 . taken from my obsyroom open window.

seeing was very good uptill 10.30, then thin cloud arrived as soon as Orion cleared the horizon, but most of it staxed out.

The Pleiades, 20/45 sec, iso 1600. 21.30pm.

the Pleiades 1-11-16.png

NGC1647. lovely open cluster ,often overlooked. 10x40 sec iso1600 . 22.40pm.

ngc1647.jpg

Orions Belt with a hint of flame. 22x 45 sec and 10x24 sec. iso 1600. 23.20pm. thin cloud.

orions belt 1-11-16.pngIMG_0204.JPGthat darn cloud at 23.00, i waited another 30min or so,untill most of the belt and sword had risen above.

thanks Tim, your so kind mate, but theres quite a bit of detail considering its a single frame. the weathers bad here tonight, its been raining on and off all day, no chance of me catching anything tonight "maybe a cold" hope you have better weather.   charl.

22 hours ago, StargeezerTim said:

I actually really like the cloud image

4 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

thanks Tim, your so kind mate, but theres quite a bit of detail considering its a single frame. the weathers bad here tonight, its been raining on and off all day, no chance of me catching anything tonight "maybe a cold" hope you have better weather.   charl.

I'm not being kind Charl... just truthful. Looking at the Pleaides shot, its amazing you have got so much nebulosity from such short exposures. With nice focused stars and good star colour too. Really nice images that shows you don't have to do hours and hours and hours of exposures to get good results. 

p.s. weathers rubbish here too :clouds1: with the prospect of :clouds2:. Tim. 

thanks Tim,  ill have a job at getting my head through the obsyroom door, its grown so big :icon_biggrin:. i try and keep my exposurse down and use a high iso and deal with the noise in processing because with shooting from indoors i only have a short time window when the subject is in range, i have been known to do 4min+ when outside, but thats not too often as ive got a gammy knee and have trouble carrying the mount ect outside.  its nice and clear here tonight, may get a few shots later "fingers crossed " hope you have clear skys ,  charl.

18 hours ago, StargeezerTim said:

I'm not being kind Charl... just truthful. Looking at the Pleaides shot, its amazing you have got so much nebulosity from such short exposures. With nice focused stars and good star colour too. Really nice images that shows you don't have to do hours and hours and hours of exposures to get good results

Archived