SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Orion, partly, slightly off the bullseye...

Captured back in early October, I didn't pay quite enough attention to the framing - I should have moved the camera up and right a bit and I could have gotten the whole belt in the picture... the headline stuff is in there though, M42/M43, Horsehead and Flame etc :)

10x  200 second subs taken with a modified Canon 650D through a Borg 55 f/3.6 (focal length 200mm). There's a load of red stuff in there that needs more exposures (or slightly longer ones) to show more off so I will redo this one and frame it correctly... or do a mosaic of Orion or... well, it'll depend on the number (or lack) of clear nights!!

Unfortunately there are haloes on Alnitak and Alnilam, I may have a solution for the next time I cover this area :) Processing wise I'm going to have to sort out shorter exposures for the Orion Nebula and longer for the rest...

James

large.Orionsortof.jpg 

10 hours ago, StargeezerTim said:

That's a lovely field of view and nicely framed if you ask me! How are you going to prevent halo's next time? (i'm all ears cos I have the same problem!)

New filters :) I'll PM..

Archived