Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pen Hill Beneath the Stars

Now that one of the local farmers has moved his sheep out of the field next to our house, I took the opportunity to make use of a slightly less-restricted view (our garden has a large barn on one side and the house on the other, so isn't ideal).

The view is to the South with Pen Hill in the bottom of the photograph. Focus isn't perfect as my lens doesn't have the little 'infinity' mark on it, so I had to use my best guess. This was a 30 second exposure with ISO at 3200 and aperture set to F4.5 (that's the widest my lens - the 18-55 zoom that came with the camera - will go to). I used Canon's own Digital Photo Professional 4 software for the editing process.

Pen Hill Stars 1.JPG

27 minutes ago, employee2-4601 said:

Now that one of the local farmers has moved his sheep out of the field next to our house, I took the opportunity to make use of a slightly less-restricted view (our garden has a large barn on one side and the house on the other, so isn't ideal).

The view is to the South with Pen Hill in the bottom of the photograph. Focus isn't perfect as my lens doesn't have the little 'infinity' mark on it, so I had to use my best guess. This was a 30 second exposure with ISO at 3200 and aperture set to F4.5 (that's the widest my lens - the 18-55 zoom that came with the camera - will go to). I used Canon's own Digital Photo Professional 4 software for the editing process.

Pen Hill Stars 1.JPG

Nice picture! 

Archived