Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pixinsight - Batch Preprocessing

Peje

Up until now I've done all of the preprocessing manually but figured I would give this a whirl. With the help of the book 'Inside Pixinsight' it all seems pretty simple. One problem I'm having, when I save a new instance of the BPP script on my desktop it doesn't seem to reopen properly.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong??? ( The top image is what I'm expecting to see, the bottom is what happens when I reopen the process icon)

@Shelster1973

BPP-original.JPG

BPP-reopen.JPG

3 minutes ago, harry page said:

Hi

Its because its a script and these are the saved settings

Just click on the blue global circle and the normal interface will appear

Harry

Thanks Harry. Feel pretty stupid for not trying that!!

One other thing, I was going to create a defect list by following the guide in the book. I loaded up a long exposure dark and zoomed in to see individual pixels, I couldnt find any rows or columns with pixels defects...just random pixels lit up dimly or brightly. Is this reasonable or have I done something wrong?

Hi

I presume you have applied the STF to the dark frame to see whats going on ?

But it might be that there are no bad columns on your camera , so only hot pixels -- my h35 and sx m25 does not have any columns that the dark frames

dont take care off

Harry

3 minutes ago, harry page said:

Hi

I presume you have applied the STF to the dark frame to see whats going on ?

But it might be that there are no bad columns on your camera , so only hot pixels -- my h35 and sx m25 does not have any columns that the dark frames

dont take care off

Harry

I hadn't used STF but doing so doesn't show any bad columns, a typical section looks like the photo below:

Defects.png

Archived