Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Hello folks!

On saturday, I sent stargazing with my girlfriend at a friend's place. The sky is not too bad, but unfortunately there still is some light pollution in direction of the south.

I was looking at NGC246 (In Cetus constellation, which was still south-east) when I asked them if they would "allow" me to sketch it. They did.

Here is the result:

NGC246_T250_16-10-30.jpg

I'm not really satisfied since the "right" extensions are not it the right place. I mean, the fourth star should be in the center of the "spikes" and not on the border. Better luck next time.

José

• Like 8

that a beautiful drawing from an object I have never seen before, Its shape reminds me of the Ring nebula. I like your pencil strokes, they bring an unique look to this object.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lucas_M
      A DSO image in planetary settings.
      This is the Eskimo planetary nebula. Small as they are, this one has less than 1arcmin.
      The image was taken with a C11 f10 and ASi224. No cut-off filter was used.
      The capture was made with Firecapture and 2s exposures. The final processing was in PI.

• By Cosmic Geoff
      Having seen another forum member's deep sky experiment with the ASI120MC camera, I tried the experiment myself.
      Here are e1e2 Lyrae, the Cat's Eye planetary nebula, NGC6210 and NGC6572 all imaged with a C8 SE and the ASI120MC.  The planetary inages are single image captures, while the double-double is processed from a short video stream. 
      I also tried M57, and while I could see it in purplish colour at an exposure of 8 secs, I could not get the Sharpcap live stacking to work.
      From an EAA point of view, this camera and planetaries are a definite hit, as the camera and laptop show them better than the eyepiece, and in colour. 

• By gnomus
      PK (Perek-Kohoutek) 164+31.1 is a planetary nebula in the constellation Lynx.  It is also known as Jones-Emberson 1.  The nebula is some 1600 light years from us.
      This is Ha plus LRGB captured over several nights from the DSW facility in New Mexico on the Tak 106/QSI683 rig 
      Luminance: 18x900" bin 1x1 Red: 14x900" bin 1x1 Green: 17x900" bin 1x1 Blue: 16x900" bin 1x1 Ha 5nm: 13x1800" bin 1x1 Another object I think I will revisit in my Esprit 120.

• By wavydavy
      Taken last night a bi-colour image of NGC 1514 Planetary nebula. 18 x 6 mins in h-alpha, and the same in OIII. Camera was a mono atik 314....taken through the skywatcher MN190.

• By DHEB
      Imaging the Ring Nebula was an old dream, so finally being able to do it was a small but significant pleasure! I am glad I even captured a reddish outer rim. This was the last DSO I imaged on 2016-05-04, and for me also the last DSO in this season, as the sky does not get dark anymore until mid-August here (see even the bright background in the picture).
      I did many experiments trying to find the right combination of sensitivity and exposure. I ended up using all images I took, with a total of  21 lights and 5 darks. Exposure mixture: 13 at 1600 ISO, 8 at 800 ISO; 11 exposures at 10 seconds, 5 at 8 seconds, 3 at 15 seconds and 2 at 5 seconds. RAW files processed in UFRaw and GIMP, stacked in Registax and final touches in GIMP. No flats, no bias. Still learning those steps!
      System as usual: Nikon D40X with Baader MKIII coma corrector at the primary focus of a Skywatcher 200 PDS (200 mm f/5) Newtonian, mounted on an EQ5 dual axis equatorial mount.
      Clear skies!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.