SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Stephan's Quintet

orionoffelt

I was hoping to get more data on this target but the weather has not been helpful so I thought I would post it as an on going project maybe get more data next year Luminance taken over two night 29-09-16 and 02-10-16 15 x 15 minutes and 1 x 20 minute sub un binned and some old RGB of 12 x 10 minutes from 2012 scope Celestron 280 mm at F10 cameras QHY8 Pro and QHY9m.

Bob

CV_CombineFilesAvg_combo_re_process_B_registered.tif+sat4+2.JPG

Hi. Nice image. Certainly beats my attempt.  1200mm f8 is the closest I can get but I'm keen to learn your method of reusing frames from previous sessions. ATM I record the centre of the frame and solve to it the next night. It's never perfect. I always lose a bit around the edges. Weather not helping here either, the whole thing is covered in dew as the temperature drops. Any ideas most gratefully received. 

Thanks for the comments my method for re aligning the camera up from night to night is that I have a line laser set up with the camera body and the telescope and once this is done and I frame the object I have an image from the other session and line it up by eye as best I can I do loss some also from the outside but it does not add up to much overall. I also have a lot of dew after a long session but the dew shield and heater strips keep it from the imaging train.

Bob 

Archived