SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Telescope bag/carry case

Large wheeled Cricket bags are another possible option.

But I use the very strong robust plastic boxes from the Really Useful storage box company (available from B & Q). They have sizes that will hold OEM telescope foam packaging. 

• 3 months later...

there are cheaper alternatives, as JOC said, golf or cricket bags, but I've got one of these: http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/geoptik-padded-case-for-150mm-refractor-f1200-ota.html

a bit pricey, but I think it's great, really well made, padded, well sealed: I've had it for just under 18 months and it still looks like new (and yes, it is well used - been hailed on, and frosted - and is kept in the garage)

25 minutes ago, rockystar said:

there are cheaper alternatives, as JOC said, golf or cricket bags, but I've got one of these: http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/geoptik-padded-case-for-150mm-refractor-f1200-ota.html

a bit pricey, but I think it's great, really well made, padded, well sealed: I've had it for just under 18 months and it still looks like new (and yes, it is well used - been hailed on, and frosted - and is kept in the garage)

I'm impressed they're made in Italy.  Looks like a really nice case.  Too bad they're not sold here in the states.

Tamrac used to make all their bags in the US.  Now they only make a few of their "classics" from 20+ years ago here, and they're hard to find in brick and mortar stores.  Come to think of it, they may just be clearing out new old stock.

21 hours ago, Flyingfuzz said:

Don't forget the fishing sector they also have big well padded and waterproof bags.

Cant say I have seen many 8" dia fly rods while walking alone got canals recently. :)

LOL

I am not a golfer so I dont know what to look inside of bag. I am watching for a bag where i can carry and store my star discovery 150p. Does someone have picture with scope in golf bag? is every golf bag suitable or?? Is telescope satisfyingly guarded in it or it is just a bag for carrying it?

thnx

Archived