Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stargazer's Stellarscope

Appleblossom

I have been looking at the Stargazer's Stellarscope (link below) sold by 'The Original Gift Company' but it has no reviews... does anyone know anything about it. Such as, is it any good, etc? TIA

http://www.theoriginalgift.co.uk/ogc/stargazers-stellarscope-1985040?cm_mmc=pla-_-google-_-shopping-_-1985040&gclid=CjwKEAjwtNbABRCsqO7J0_uJxWYSJAAiVo5LiED0BjlY7M5vWICO8ueswaRv2KQXOw3oOjvbUjZINxoC7wXw_wcB

Not sure how much use it would be, just to my thinking a map of the constellations superimposed on the sky would get in the way of observing the constellations. A wide FoV monocular would seem to be a better option, just cannot see a wide enough field variety. Barr and Stroud do a 10x25 at the same cost but I think something down at 6x would be better.

Celestron appear to do a 6x30 monocular at £29 on Amazon

13 hours ago, John said:

I got one of those free with a scope - it's pretty hopeless to be honest with you. A decent planisphere and a red torch would be quite a bit less expensive and much more useful.

Thank you John for coming back to me, think I will give it a miss then ;) Knew someone on here would be able to help :)

Archived