Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello All!

Mcrogers1

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, astrocatinfo said:

Getting ideas for my future (close) Mesu200 setup! Thanks for sharing your progress. Don't stop posting it, it's very useful.

Congrats for such a nice obsy!!

Thanks astrocatinfo! I'm brand new to astrophotography and went a little crazy on my set-up. I'll post more info as soon as the cloud over the USA clears. Going to have plenty of questions for Sara (Swag72), Olly Penrice, Steve Richards, and others.

1 hour ago, Mcrogers1 said:

Thanks astrocatinfo! I'm brand new to astrophotography and went a little crazy on my set-up. I'll post more info as soon as the cloud over the USA clears. Going to have plenty of questions for Sara (Swag72), Olly Penrice, Steve Richards, and others.

They are great people. Fantastic astrophotographers always ready to help the newcomers. Really thankful to them. BIG THANKS!!

• 4 weeks later...

Not the best cable routing I know but I haven't had any snags yet. Still have to add the AO unit and dew heaters. The observatory is still being built so there is a lot of dirt on the floor. The cords going off the screen to the right will be zip tied later and the led lights will be mounted. I don't use this for visual so red lights were not a requirement. Probably reroute all the wiring later because while functional it looks horrible. 

OBSV.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed an observatory network camera. The IR illuminator can be turned off to not interfere with imaging. Still, have a lot of work to do. The park sensor is on the right on the wall. This will prevent the roof from moving when the telescope is unparked. The disk on the front wall is the flat panel with the protective sticker still on it. The orange hooks at the bottom secure it and it has two adjustable shafts at the top that keep the flat panel flat. Below this placement is another duplicate setup for moving the flat panel to the other scope. You can see the trees through the top of the building and this will be closed off with foam insulation. 

My refractor may be bad from the manufacturer and I'm waiting on some custom adapters to screw everything together from the OTA to the camera to take tilt out of the equation. Not hopeful that will resolve this as I tried with a DSLR and had distorted stars as well. No problems on my other scopes.

I'm wondering how tandem mounting will impact PA. If I PA with the long FL will it be good for the short FL in a tandem configuration. 

obsv camera.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived