Were should I sell my telescope?

11 minutes ago, John said:

I would suggest the Canada Astro Buy & Sell website:

http://www.astrobuysell.com/

The UK version of this is very popular and registration is free.

When you think about pricing, the general guideline is 60%-70% of the new price assuming that the gear is in good condition and in full working order.

Do you think I could sell a basically new telescope  for 80% of the original price?

3 minutes ago, wendell100 said:

Do you think I could sell a basically new telescope  for 80% of the original price?

Well you can try. Include lots of photos and clearly explain it's condition and any extras that you are including with it and see if anybody is interested.

Until you advertise it, you won't know what the level of interest is. If there are others around about the same at lower prices then you might struggle.

1 minute ago, John said:

Well you can try. Include lots of photos and clearly explain it's condition and any extras that you are including with it and see if anybody is interested.

Until you advertise it, you won't know what the level of interest is. If there are others around about the same at lower prices then you might struggle.

Ok thanks for the info. (:

Astromart is certainly very good - for more things than just telescopes. They have a large section on good articles to read, parts for sale, just many things. And members rate the sellers - so you know they are on the up & up. But...

Astromart nowadays cost $15US/year to use - even to read their ads. They said they have to do this to screen-out spammers & criminals.

Good luck & have fun in selling,

Dave

Archived