Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZWO1600MM Cool

cosmojaydee

According to FLO the distance from the M48 thread is 54.9mm, which would mean you have to take the distance from the other side of the adaptor connected to the FF i.e. you have about 10mm too much?

That's how it looks to me.

14 minutes ago, RayD said:

According to FLO the distance from the M48 thread is 54.9mm, which would mean you have to take the distance from the other side of the adaptor connected to the FF i.e. you have about 10mm too much?

That's how it looks to me.

I always thought that the measurement was taken from the FF ?

Just now, cosmojaydee said:

I always thought that the measurement was taken from the FF ?

Yes it is, sorry I didn't explain clearly.  That would mean you have 10mm or so too much as you would need to account for that first adaptor you have screwed to the FF.

5 minutes ago, RayD said:

Yes it is, sorry I didn't explain clearly.  That would mean you have 10mm or so too much as you would need to account for that first adaptor you have screwed to the FF.

Oh , my bad , that adapter is part of the FF , so I just assumed the measurement started from the back of that !

2 minutes ago, cosmojaydee said:

Oh , my bad , that adapter is part of the FF , so I just assumed the measurement started from the back of that !

Ah ok.  I thought it was the SW FF which doesn't have that adaptor (well it would but you would need to add it).  I'm not sure then, but normally as you say it is from the mating surface, so if that adaptor is fixed, then it would be that and your measurements would be right, but if that's a removable one, then I would have thought you'd have too much as you would need to account for that.

Martin from FLO has just replied to my email and he say's " Yes, leave the adapter on the flattener, this gives you the 55 mm extra spacing to make up. If you dont use the supplied adapter you will need to have a custom adapter made

Archived