Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Star Adventurer

Roy

Hi all, 

I've just bought myself a Star Adventurer and I noticed that there is a slight amount of play in RA when the clutch knob is tight, is this normal and can I stop worrying :0)

Cheers

Roy.

Hi

I had the same problem 

I undid it and adjusted the end float. I wish I'd sent it back as it's never been right and it doesn't seem to perform as well as others'. I get the impression that their quality control isn't so good and some purchasers are unlucky enough to get a duff one.

Louise

Hi Richard, 

Thanks for the reply.

No the play is definitely in the mount, I can rock the saddle slightly from side to side without the dovetail bar attached, the clutch knob also moves with the saddle.

Hopefully, I've been able to include a short video showing the problem and even though it shows the counter weight etc, attached, the movement is still there without it attached also.

Hi Louise,

Thanks for your reply and the video.

It seems as though I have the same issue exactly.

I realise that videoing the problem with the mount sat on a stall, isn't ideal but I needed the tripod to mount my camera given the low light in my room :0)

I have contacted the supplier to see what they recommend.

Not sure how to upload the video correctly, just seem to have a download link.

It's been quite a while since I've posted, so I'm a bit rusty, sorry.

MVI_3988.MOV

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just a quick update on my mount.

The issue has now been resolved, the supplier ( I won't mention any names incase it's against forum rules ) agreed that there was an issue with the mount, and offered to replace it, with no hesitation.

He arranged for a replacement to be delivered and the faulty one collected at the same time.

I received excellent customer service and good communication, throughout the whole process. 

ps …. I have had an adapter for the reticle 3D printed, if anyone would like the STL file to have there own printed, l'd be happy to help out. I was lucky that the guy that printed mine, only lives a couple of miles from me, so didn't have to pay postage.

I bought 2 and it cost me a little over £5 for the pair.

Adapter.jpg

Reticle-Adapter.jpg

20161111_125507.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm the designer of the original polar illuminator 3D printed adapter that you can see on the previous pictures.

You can find a detailed description of my adapter on my blog:

Http://www.astrokraken.fr

Please note that the .STL file that I did create and that was used by the guys who printed you adapters is under Redpah license. Printing is only allowed for personal use. Commercial use is prohibited without my authorization.

I thank you for your understanding and wish you clear skies.

best regards,

Philippe

Archived