SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M34

todd8137

Hi All

After a cloudy start at are new dark site  at snake pass a great farmer let us use  a bit of his land he and his son was amazed at the views ,so was i just looking at a dark sky so many stars and a bright milky way wow weeeeeeee! I found it hard to pick out some constelations at times .

the 12" skywatcher i have on lone was superb i was worried after selling the 16" but the 12" was just as good 

any way M34 a nice open cluster  theres plenty of bright stars and faint orange and bluish white stars  low power shows it of a treat  i opted not to put all the back ground stars  in as it would be a wash with stars i look forward to more visits to are new dark site its a good hour and a half,drive but well worth it 

pat

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

16 minutes ago, andyboy1970 said:

Glad to see you haven't given up totally mate.

Hi Andy great to hear from you me give up never am saving up for a new mirror set for the big monster p well not that big a 22" set three and a half grand  from oldham optics  be a bout a years time before i saved enough will be perm in tne shed i have the 12" till then 

pat

Archived