SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from Salisbury Plain

Timmers

Hello. Thought I'd say hi to you all. New to astronomy but making up for lost time with lots of reading and learning star locations.  Had my first session on the Plain last night with a 4" reflector. I managed to see the Andromeda galaxy, Mars and quite a few double stars. 

Think I need to find a new scope as I spent a lot of time down on one knee straining various neck muscles to observe upwards. Currently I have a star travel 102. I don't use the goto part as it needs such precision to set it up to be useful. 

Just missed out on buying a couple of used scopes. A ten inch dob and a four inch ed reflector.  Trying to balance future needs of imaging against the current need just to look and be amazed. Probably just as well I missed out on them as I'm  Still not sure which way to go as a start. Can't afford both. Thinking I should just be happy with what I have. 

Trying to put a plan in place to get across to SGL next weekend. So might catch up with some of you. I'll be in the white van and I might have beer in the back from my day job!  How to make friends  eh? 

Cheers.  

9 hours ago, Timmers said:

I'll be in the white van and I might have beer in the back from my day job!

Welcome, Timmers, you silver-tongue devil, you.

Seems like my usual hello message - 'you gotta have fun' - is already in your DNA ... ?

Enjoy.

12 minutes ago, Floater said:

Welcome, Timmers, you silver-tongue devil, you.

Seems like my usual hello message - 'you gotta have fun' - is already in your DNA ... ?

Enjoy.

You'd better believe it! Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived