RA Setting Circle help

Hello all,

I thought long and hard about posting as I didn't want to look like a complete muppet but I have no choice now! Que sera sera.

I am reading the manual for my Skywatcher 200P with EQ5 mount to understand and configure the RA setting circle.

When I read the description for the image in the document (attached) it says "The example above shows the mount is set to the RA coordinates of 8h 20m".

I've stared at that pic for ages and have no idea how to get 8h and 20m from it....please help.

Scan 1.jpeg

No your not a Muppet lol. I only downloaded the manual to get a better view for myself,  only then noticing the difference. 

Just ' plus' size  the image of the  pdf and it should makes sense, it does show 8 hours 20+1 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...

thats a vernier reading setting circle..we use those on the telescopes at the Milwaukee Astronomical Society observatory..From your pic I would guess it is set to 0 hours 20 minutes...those types of circles are easy and accurate once you get a little practice and the mount is set up right

Archived