Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

east coast shout out

Petehog72

Hey folks, anyone do any observing around the east coast area, we currently just observe from our garden but would like to find a dark sky and observe with anyone who also gazes from this area, we are getting used to the wifes scope so good knowledge would be very welcome, hope to meet up with like minded gazers, clear skies all.......    Pete

Hi Pete. 

I grew up in Hornsea and regularly go back. Was there Saturday!

Live in Beverley now and been on this site since about April when I got my scope. Like you just been observing from my garden, took my scope to my brothers house in the countryside one night and it was amazing. Time permitting would like to observe from a dark site somewhere, I've heard the Beverley society meet up on Friday nights on Arras hill near market weighton. 

Welcome to another Yorkshireman. I was born in Hull and lived in Beverley up until a couple of years back. Was married to a girl from Hornsea so used to spend a fair amount of time up there.

Clear skies !!!

On 17/10/2016 at 19:48, Peco4321 said:

Hi Pete. 

I grew up in Hornsea and regularly go back. Was there Saturday!

Live in Beverley now and been on this site since about April when I got my scope. Like you just been observing from my garden, took my scope to my brothers house in the countryside one night and it was amazing. Time permitting would like to observe from a dark site somewhere, I've heard the Beverley society meet up on Friday nights on Arras hill near market weighton. 

you will prob know my wife, she is well known in hornsea having been born and raised there, we want to get out more and use the scope with like minded people

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/10/2016 at 19:48, Peco4321 said:

yes thats the one, small world aint it, drop us a message when you are next around these parts

you will prob know my wife, she is well known in hornsea having been born and raised there, we want to get out more and use the scope with like minded people

On 23/10/2016 at 08:27, Peco4321 said:

If your wife is a twin and maiden name began with B, then I think I recognise her. Think she's friends with my sister in law. 

yes thats the one, small world aint it, drop us a message when you are next around these parts, or drop me an email, who is your sister in law 

On 18/10/2016 at 15:40, Petehog72 said:

hey how ya doing, where do you live these days

Moved down to Wiltshire a couple of years back due to a great job offer. 

Sorry to chip in again. 

Do you know a Lisa Bamforth ?? By any chance. 

On 23/10/2016 at 08:27, Peco4321 said:

If your wife is a twin and maiden name began with B, then I think I recognise her. Think she's friends with my sister in law. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby1970 said:

Moved down to Wiltshire a couple of years back due to a great job offer. 

Sorry to chip in again. 

Do you know a Lisa Bamforth ?? By any chance. 

i dont personally but just mentioned the name to my wife and she knows her

Archived