Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

StarPointer Pro DIY dew shield

Knighty2112

Now the colder and damper nights are closing in I've found that I need to wipe off dew on my Celestron StarPointer pro finder quite often as it is pretty exposed to the elements normally (see third photo below), so I set about making a home made dew shield with some foam sheet (£1), and some Velcro (£2.50) to hold it in place. The results are below, which whilst not maybe a work of art does the job of keeping dew off the finder, and allows access to the controls on it still too. Total cost £3.50 :)

IMG_1823.JPG

IMG_1825.JPG

IMG_1826.JPG

IMG_1827.JPG

IMG_1828.JPG

IMG_1829.JPG

IMG_1816.JPG

IMG_1817.JPG

I've have thought that an astronomy device with the word "pro" in the title would have included a dewshield already.  I love how marketing people like to add words just for the sake of it.

Good work on the dew shield.  looks like it'll solve the problem nicely.   Much better than wiping stuff over the lens.

2 minutes ago, cjdawson said:

I've have thought that an astronomy device with the word "pro" in the title would have included a dewshield already.  I love how marketing people like to add words just for the sake of it.

Good work on the dew shield.  looks like it'll solve the problem nicely.   Much better than wiping stuff over the lens.

It's a good finder to use, but marketing is all the same worldwide. The firm I work for does the same kind of thing. Pro does make it stand out more from the crowd I guess! Hey ho! ;) 

Archived