Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M8 from Down Under (GRAS)

Paxo

Being totally fed up of a combination of the weather (clear days then cloudy/foggy nights here on the Tyne) and illness, I haven't been able to get out imaging for a while now. So, this morning, totally depressed firesd up the GRAS system in Australia and took some widefield images of M8. Equipment used Tak FSQ-106ED, camera SBIG STL-11`000M.

Ha - 6x600 secs

R - 5 x 120 secs

G - 5 x 120 secs

B - 5 x 120 secs

Here's the first stab at processing, probably get a better go at it tomorrow.

7349_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Lots more data in there to get out. Well, it's another 'pea souper' outside so the imaging will have to wait for another day.

Steve..

It's nice to have the Gras to fall back on when things are humpty weather wise over here Steve.

What you have looks mighty good to me, and such a rich area of the southern skies.

Ron. :D

Very nice Steve

I tried this with the GRAS013 on freebie and its a stunning object. If this cloud persists in this country much more I think I shall be signing up for afull plan.

Phil

Added a further 2 hours of Ha and Luminance data, and spent the last four hours processing. I think all of the practising on GRAS data is starting to pay off!

Widefield of M8 (and close friends) as well as a close-up of M8 itself.

Please enjoy, this one has given me a lot of satisfaction in processing.

Steve..

7359_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

7360_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived