Jump to content


What adapters will i need.

Recommended Posts

What adapters will i need to putmy canon 5d mark 1 and canon 750d onto a starwatcher evostar 80ed. I know i will need a canon fit t adapter but what else will i reqire. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Edited by Russell Lovett
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As you are using a refractor telescope you will need a field flattener, something like the sky watched field flattener: https://www.firstlightoptics.com/reducersflatteners/skywatcher-field-flattener.html

Attach that onto the t adapter then slide it into the focuser. You can also use a reducer to give a wider field of view when imaging. If you want to invest into a reducer get the one that is recommended for that scope and preferably one that has a flattener built into it too. Hope this helps :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This one : https://telescopes.net/store/orion-48mm-wide-t-ring-canon.html will enable you to use a 2" nosepiece : http://www.opticstar-ccd.com/Run/AS/AS-Accessories-Imagers.asp?p=0_10_5_0_3_727
which will give you a large opening for your large sensors. Instead of the nosepiece you cam also use a Skywatcher reducer or flattener which have M48 thread, or powermate when using M48-T2 adapter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.