Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

99% Illuminated Moon

Yamez

2 pane mosaic of 2 single shots, stitched and processed in Photoshop. I have 2 other videos of the moon to stack and stitch, also 2 videos of some craters close up. Will be processing them tomorrow.

Seeing was great, apart from the wind wobbling my scope all over the place but in between gusts it was very steady and still.

Nikon D3300 + Skywatcher 130P + x2 Barlow Lens

1/100s at ISO 100

99% Moon (Web).jpg

Full Size Image Here

Thanks for Looking :)

Very nice! Was it difficult to make a seamless join between the two panels? Can you summarise the process? I've often thought about a high res moon project - you might have inspired me to finally give it a try!

Thanks for posting . 

8 minutes ago, NigeB said:

Very nice! Was it difficult to make a seamless join between the two panels? Can you summarise the process? I've often thought about a high res moon project - you might have inspired me to finally give it a try!

Thanks for posting . 

Was very simple, in photoshop under file - automate - photomerge. In the photomerge window I selected auto then selected the files I wanted to merge. Then simply process the image.

2 minutes ago, Astro Imp said:

Lovely work James, I've just spent some time touring the full size image, very impressive.

Thank you, I have quite a few more images to process using autostakkert and photoshop which I will be doing later.

Archived