Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Zwo ASI1600MM Spacing

Skywatcher 200

Hi All,

I got my Zwo 1600 MM a few weeks ago, and the suggested spacers this morning.

However i can't seem to achieve the 56mm that i was told i needed, 

The Set up is ;

Skywatcher 0.85 Reducer -  M48 to T2 -  Atik M54 to M42 M-F -  Atik EFW2 -  11mm Zwo spacer -  ZWO 1600 mm

Now, assuming that i am measuring from the correct points (see Pic) and have things in the correct positions,

Do i need to add another spacer between the FR and EFW2 ?

Thanks for any help

Andy

Spacing.jpg

Hi Andy, you will need to add the extra 5.5 mm to the optic train to get the best possible results

you could probably get away with +/- 1mm , but its always best to try and get it spot on.

welcome to the wonderful world of spacers.

Paul

16 hours ago, ultranova said:

Hi Andy, you will need to add the extra 5.5 mm to the optic train to get the best possible results

you could probably get away with +/- 1mm , but its always best to try and get it spot on.

welcome to the wonderful world of spacers.

Paul

Can you please explain how you arrive at this number?

Unless you are using 36mm or 2" filters I would suggest removing the female T-thread coupler from the camera and screw the camera directly onto the filterwheel. The ASI has a big sensor and 1.25" filters just clear it as long as they are mounted as close as possible to the sensor.

Add T-tubes between the focal reducer and filterwheel to get the correct spacing. You may need to buy some adapters- get used to having a drawer full of expensive bits of aluminium tube, half of which are stuck together and none of which are the correct length! :BangHead:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/baader-t2-extension-tube.html

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 14:51, groberts said:

Can you please explain how you arrive at this number?

Yes I can, Andy is 5.5mm short od his required 56mm back focus on his f/r , he wants 56mm at the moment  he has

50.5mm so another 5.5 mm is required hope that helps

Paul 

On 25/10/2016 at 20:52, ultranova said:

Yes I can, Andy is 5.5mm short od his required 56mm back focus on his f/r , he wants 56mm at the moment  he has

50.5mm so another 5.5 mm is required hope that helps

Paul 

OK thanks I get that but was really trying to understand how 56mm is arrived at?

Archived