Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep8_banner.thumb.jpg.7fc4114c7705b14c0786cf342cea1f9c.jpg

stevend

Lego Ideas Saturn V - available June 1st 2017

Not sure if this has been posted or whether this is the right place but Lego have recently announced two new Lego Ideas models (see link). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_vBQe1nRvI

First up is the Beatles Yellow Submarine (550 pieces) to be released Nov 1st and the second is a SaturnV/Apollo 11. There is no date for the latter as yet but keep an eye open for it.

From what I have read online; it will be over 1metre tall, is very detailed and will include the separate stages, command module, lunar lander and two astronauts, so this could be some set. Here is the original proposal: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/76841

Edited by stevend
Updating topic title.
  • Like 1

That is just too cool... :)  It's coming up to Christmas if they get it out in time I wonder if my 3 yr old daughter would like one (ahem) ;)

• Like 2

Looks like a birthday present for me in future :) 

I can start work on a Lego replica of Kennedy Space Centre to accommodate this :smiley:

My wife will be thrilled ...... :rolleyes2:

Edited by John
  • Like 1

Building the Saturn V transporter will be fun. :icon_biggrin:

I have secured permission from my CFO (well she is the CFO from tomorrow) so very much looking forward to building it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davesellars said:

On the plus side with nearly 2000 pieces it should keep you busy through a few cloudy nights.... ;)

1969 to be precise which is a nice little homage

How quick are we going to have to be to buy one before they all go?!

Will ordering from Australia help if their stores open first?

On 13/05/2017 at 12:33, Yearofthegoat said:

How quick are we going to have to be to buy one before they all go?!

Will ordering from Australia help if their stores open first?

I think Lego must know that this will be popular judging by the response on social media alone, so I think it will be widely available.

Edited by stevend

my kids have tons of lego, but the oldest just built the esa rocket on Launchpad, that apollo looks well cool....I need that,,,,,i mean he does :)

• Like 1

Yeah, got to have one of these, my granddaughter loves Lego, that's a good enough excuse ☺️

These appear to be for sale on Amazon (marketplace sellers) today. Not available on the Lego shop site, however.

Picked mine up from John Lewis click and collect today. There was a big red sticker on the box saying "Do not put on the shelves until 1st June" and for a moment I thought the man was not going to hand the box over and a tug of war would ensue.

Fortunately he relented and the lounge will be the NASA Vertical Assembly Building for the next few days...?

• Like 3

Available at John Lewis if ordered online, stores from June 1st, avoid the scalpers on Amazon marketplace.

Here is a facebook live video with the co-designer.. a 17 year old !! .. demonstrating the model, skip to about 10m 30s.

Edited by stevend

Well don't tell everyone! I've had this in my calendar for months!! :biggrin:

• Like 1