Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lego Ideas Saturn V - available June 1st 2017

stevend

Not sure if this has been posted or whether this is the right place but Lego have recently announced two new Lego Ideas models (see link). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_vBQe1nRvI

First up is the Beatles Yellow Submarine (550 pieces) to be released Nov 1st and the second is a SaturnV/Apollo 11. There is no date for the latter as yet but keep an eye open for it.

From what I have read online; it will be over 1metre tall, is very detailed and will include the separate stages, command module, lunar lander and two astronauts, so this could be some set. Here is the original proposal: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/76841

• 6 months later...
On 13/05/2017 at 12:33, Yearofthegoat said:

How quick are we going to have to be to buy one before they all go?!

Will ordering from Australia help if their stores open first?

I think Lego must know that this will be popular judging by the response on social media alone, so I think it will be widely available.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked mine up from John Lewis click and collect today. There was a big red sticker on the box saying "Do not put on the shelves until 1st June" and for a moment I thought the man was not going to hand the box over and a tug of war would ensue.

Fortunately he relented and the lounge will be the NASA Vertical Assembly Building for the next few days...?

Available at John Lewis if ordered online, stores from June 1st, avoid the scalpers on Amazon marketplace.

Here is a facebook live video with the co-designer.. a 17 year old !! .. demonstrating the model, skip to about 10m 30s.

Archived