Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Looks like a pretty impressive storm at the moment.  If you have any gaps of clear  sky it might worth a look even in the south.

• Like 2

Broken clouds here but they're glowing with moonlight!

Been persistently cloudy here all week...

Got my Aurora Notfier app to flag an alert at Kp7, this alert is then populated up to my watch - though if I'm in the land of nod, not convinced its going to be enough to wake me up!

It was cloudy, then cloudy and rain during the aurora in scarboro. The closest i got to seeing anything red was 3am when the cat jumped on me soaking wet

im now in elgin for work, staying the night then back. You can bet on cloud or kp0

grin

• Like 1

Amber alert from AuroraWatch, and we had clear skies an hour ago - but the rain is hammering down here now!  :clouds2:

Red Alert from AuroraWatch, and Auroranotfier now at KP7 - looking for clear skies ;-)

• Like 1

Thick cloud here again unfortunately just like last time. Looks like it could be very impressive for our northern astro-friends. There are some absolutely stunning images on spaceweather.Com 

Thick cloud but easy to see colours dancing behind the clouds - hoping for a gap in the clouds (NW Scotland).

• Like 3

Increasing and then stubborn cloud here, though the Kp index had decreased to 6 - so unlikely to have see much from here anyway