An unsatisfacry NGC1333...

ollypenrice

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2016-10-15 at 21:24, wimvb said:

And here's my rework, pixinsighted

pixinsighted.jpg

I just found this thread, which has exploded to 4 pages in no time. After going through it, I have to say that my fellow contryman Wim´s version stands out, particularly on having the most dynamic dust. The clay feeling is gone there. Looks great to me!

21 hours ago, gnomus said:

That is some video at nearly 2 hours long!  Thanks for pointing me towards it.  I hadn't heard of many of those techniques before and will certainly be having a go at them.  Isn't Photoshop a versatile tool? 

Thanks again

Steve

Bah! The video crashes 15 minutes from  the end!

Lots of new stuff for me to digest. A bit uneasy at the sledgehammer approach to making all the stars the 'right' colour.

Well--just thought I would throw a revisit of my own data into the mix as the initial "moan" used it as a reference.  I was not satisfied with mine either and played around with noise control (maybe too much).  Anyway, maybe this will give some ideas for the great processing marathon of Olly's data.  Believe it or not, but the saturation of this image has been reduced....never increased.  Don't understand how it could be oversaturated.  Still not satisfied.

LRGB-New-MTac.jpg

5 hours ago, Rodd said:

Well--just thought I would throw a revisit of my own data into the mix as the initial "moan" used it as a reference.  I was not satisfied with mine either and played around with noise control (maybe too much).  Anyway, maybe this will give some ideas for the great processing marathon of Olly's data.  Believe it or not, but the saturation of this image has been reduced....never increased.  Don't understand how it could be oversaturated.  Still not satisfied.

LRGB-New-MTac.jpg

Anyone else hearing "Danger Will Robinson" when they see this? Maybe this nebula should be named the Class M-3 Model B9, General Utility Non-Theorizing Environmental Robot Nebula?

13 minutes ago, ChrisLX200 said:

Do you spray-paint walls and trains in your spare time? :)  Just wondered...

(this was a joke BTW)

ChrisH

Aah.. ha,,,,Yes, how did you know ? You amaze me?

Was into Graffiti bvor getting hooked on this terrrrrr.....ble hobby.

Feel great now ?, my clothes dont stink Nitro diluent any more.

Humor heals not antibiotics.

Nice evening ChrisH

• 2 weeks later...

I had to get my hands dirty in the cosmic dust. Olly, the red dust and the data is just awesome !!:hello2: Excuse the two stars (one at the centre and the one on extreme right). Something went wrong with LRGB combination. Was lazy to correct it. For I'm just a small speck in this huge processing universe topic.

Image31.jpg

Archived