SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

st80 skywatcher what could i see(using for finder scope)

would i see things like the flywheel,dumbell andromeda through it ,its just that while i get used to my 414 on the ed80 ,i have the qhy5 on my finder scope ,i just need something to look through if that makes sense

Hi. Do you mean use it for centering and composing an image on the camera? All but the brightest objects will be invisible, so probably the answer should be not very much. The only way I've found of getting dim objects on the chip first time every time is plate solving. It's built into APT and is easy to setup and use. Some st80s are really nice for wide field visual and photo, especially these which should work with your ff too. HTH.

yes for centering the object,been and purchased a sw st80 and piggy backed to my ed80 now the fun starts trying to line both scopes up as in theory i have no adjustment facility apart from packers

Archived