Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Pete Presland

A few white lights from the weekend, well Sunday anyway ;-)

Not great conditions, but beggars cant be choosers especially at this time of the year! Some reasonable gaps early on, but they didn't last long.

Camera and Firecapture both decided to play up as well :confused:

Celestron ED80, ND5 filter, DMK21au618+No58 green filter.

2016.10.09 AR2599.png2016.10.09 AR2598.png2016.10.09 AR2600.png

• Like 6

Caught everything there was to catch Pete, well done.

Dave

• Like 1

Good job. Hate it when you get a short gap and you lose most of the time trying to get your kit to cooperate  :boxing:

• Like 1

Just now, David Smith said:

Good job. Hate it when you get a short gap and you lose most of the time trying to get your kit to cooperate  :boxing:

It was a strange couple of things, the frame rate seemed restricted to around 15fps. This I did sort out, not sure how though. 

Fire capture wouldnt load the settings when switching from profile to another, this still haven't resolved.

Just now, bunnygod1 said:

It was a strange couple of things, the frame rate seemed restricted to around 15fps. This I did sort out, not sure how though. 

Fire capture wouldnt load the settings when switching from profile to another, this still haven't resolved.

Weird. I use SharpCap because I have never been able to get more than 15FPS out of FireCapture with my QHY5.

Haven't you got a bit of ND3.8 kicking about still Pete ?

That would certainly reduce the exposure time and hopefully up the framerate .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steve Ward said:

Haven't you got a bit of ND3.8 kicking about still Pete ?

That would certainly reduce the exposure time and hopefully up the framerate .

I have got a ND3.8 filter, but I thought the ND3 was usually.  I did get the camera back up to where usually operates in the end.

great shots Pete under the conditions mate. firecapture did a wobbler with me lastnight while taking some moon pics.  thanks ,charl.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2016 at 09:44, xtreemchaos said:

great shots Pete under the conditions mate. firecapture did a wobbler with me lastnight while taking some moon pics.  thanks ,charl.

It was my fault the "Save and restore camera controls"   was not checked, so when i changed profiles or filters the values were not loaded from previous runs. You live and learn all the time. :happy10:

Edited by bunnygod1

No the ND3.8 is the imaging film Pete , allows a lot more light through letting you use much shorter exposures , or in my case sensible exposures when using additional OIII filter that cuts a lot.

2 hours ago, Steve Ward said:

No the ND3.8 is the imaging film Pete , allows a lot more light through letting you use much shorter exposures , or in my case sensible exposures when using additional OIII filter that cuts a lot.

My mistake :help2: that's what I am using :laugh2: 

• Like 1