Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Whooooo Hoooooooo my best yet of NGC 6888

CELESCOPE

So excited about this one , its not an easy target to get right, but as i,m away on hols as from today , and as luck would have it the skies cleared last nightaround 10sh , so i gave tis a good thumping, 22x 400 sec subs,using old faithfull Equinox 120 ,with the Atik 16Hr,Ha filter 6nm,guided with PHD,GUIDE CAMERA QHY5.

Lost just one sub,as clouds were passing , but missing me most of the time.

Anyway here is my Crescent laying in a bed of Nebulosity ,which i was glad to capture in the image .

Cheers ,The first image will enlarge, the second will also enlarge to MEGA size,

Rog

I go away happy.

7295_normal.jpeg

7296_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

(click to enlarge)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good reason to be excited Rog. that's a screamer mate. That is a real result for the effort you put into it.

You can go off on holiday with a smile on your face for sure. :D

See you soon, and I can get a blow by blow account of how you did that. :mrgreen:

Ron. :D

Very good indeed, Roger. As you say, this is a difficult object to image but it does respond well to Ha. I would say that a mono and filters (including Ha for Luminance) CCD is vital for this object, my attempts using the one shot clearly need some really good luminance to beef up the colour.

Your image is lovely and details with some really fine minutiae showing though - well done mate and enjoy your holiday.

Rog,

Wowww, this is a nice one. I really like the image size that still has a wide field of surrounding stars and nebulosity. This is a grand capture. You made excellent use of the clear skies. Put this Keeper on your web site for sure.

Cheers,

Doug

I go away for a week, and just look what you've been up to in my absence!!! :D

Now that it is a 'quality' image Rog, just so much detail in there. No wonder you are a 'happy bunny', you've every right to be. :D

Dave

Archived