Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
buzz

William Optics Star 71 5-element Astrograph for sale

I bought a full frame SLR and decided to splash out on a Tak Baby Q.  I have to sell the WO Star 71. It is extremely good for the price and can thoroughly recommend it for APS-C cameras. It is in excellent condition and is stored indoors when not in use.

£765 - buyer can collect, or I can post in original box for £20 to the UK.

I took this image with it:  http://www.digitalastrophotography.co.uk/Astrophotography/Images.html#16

I also have a Lakeside focuser bracket for it, if you want me to include it.

star71.jpg

Edited by buzz
missed off bracket

Hi,

i assume this one has non of the problems that were associated with this scope... bad alignment and such like, as I thought that WO stopped producing them because of the issues and the amount that had been returned.. :) 

i am interested 

Hi Chris,

I responded to your ABS advert by email - did you get these?

Jon

John - sorry, you just missed it. I just sold it.

Skybound - I didn't know there were any issues, I certainly had none with mine - it was tack sharp in every corner. Wide field scopes are always very sensitive to build issues and even Tak's I hear have issues, requiring collimation.

Sign in to follow this