Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
buzz

William Optics Star 71 5-element Astrograph for sale

I bought a full frame SLR and decided to splash out on a Tak Baby Q.  I have to sell the WO Star 71. It is extremely good for the price and can thoroughly recommend it for APS-C cameras. It is in excellent condition and is stored indoors when not in use.

£765 - buyer can collect, or I can post in original box for £20 to the UK.

I took this image with it:  http://www.digitalastrophotography.co.uk/Astrophotography/Images.html#16

I also have a Lakeside focuser bracket for it, if you want me to include it.

star71.jpg

Edited by buzz
missed off bracket

Hi,

i assume this one has non of the problems that were associated with this scope... bad alignment and such like, as I thought that WO stopped producing them because of the issues and the amount that had been returned.. :) 

i am interested 

Hi Chris,

I responded to your ABS advert by email - did you get these?

Jon

John - sorry, you just missed it. I just sold it.

Skybound - I didn't know there were any issues, I certainly had none with mine - it was tack sharp in every corner. Wide field scopes are always very sensitive to build issues and even Tak's I hear have issues, requiring collimation.

Sign in to follow this