Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First completed image inover a year and a half M31

peter shah

First completed image in over a year and a half. I've started a couple of other projects but with work and the UK weather I've not been able to complete them. Anyway 90mins in Luminance and 30mins each in RGB taken with my AG12 and H35 starlight xpress.

Conditions were windy while capturing the RGB frames so not a perfect set of colour subs.

Any comments welcome

Worth taking a look at the full res....don't look too closely though as I have a very slight tilt on the camera

Thanks for looking

BTW just going off topic anyone off to the IAS next week?

M31 RGB full res.jpg

Nice smooth M31 Peter, sounds like my imaging, just trying to complete my first serious attempt for 2 years and discovered a tilt in the imaging train somewhere.

Had a plan to go to Sixpenny Handley Star Party then IAS then SGLX11 but a wheel bearing went on the camper van and it's proving a nightmare to fix, may get it sorted over the weekend and get to IAS.

Dave

2 hours ago, peter shah said:

you're correct it is a great target both visually and for imaging.....good old faithful M31

I've yet to do it justice, but hopefully in a few weeks, when the earth moves my house out of the way, I'll get to have another go at imaging it myself.

17 minutes ago, Tom OD said:

Excellent detail to the core, and it has the unmistakable Shah Star Colour that I love. Some eggy stars in there as you allude to when seen at the full size.

Great work Peter.

Tom.

Thank you Tom. Yes the "eggy stars" caused by tilt on the camera and they all have pink tails caused by the wind gusting while capturing the green frames......seems to always be a compromise to deal with.

13 minutes ago, peter shah said:

Thank you Tom. Yes the "eggy stars" caused by tilt on the camera and they all have pink tails caused by the wind gusting while capturing the green frames......seems to always be a compromise to deal with.

Easy enough to fix with the darken blend on a copied and "moved" layer.

T.

Nice one Peter.....love this target...its a galaxy for god's sake!....still amazes me what we can not only see, but capture ...putting to shame the encyclopedia images of my youth captured with Palomar and Lick.   Glad you are returned....more please.

Archived