Narrowband

Satellite speed.

redfox1971

The satellite must have been in a high orbit rather than the usual low'ish earth orbit.

Unless it was a geostationary glinting away in the sunlight ? .. geostationarys are stationary in the sky, where as the stars aren't .. oowa

One very "slow" satellite that took 15 minutes to transverse the Pleiades. Slow as in angular velocity which would translate to very high. Pleiades are generall taken as about 1 degree across.

A geostationary would take something like 16 minutes to transverse a 4 degree field. Presuming a wider then required field to get the whole cluster in and a bit more margin so 4 degree image, and I realise it is actually the field that is moving not the satellite. But that would sort of add up.

Sure is a interesting one,I was mistaken as I see it started and ended through 4  of my images so 20mins, don't won't that to happen to often especially when it goes straight through your imaging target.was imaged through Williams optics star 71 and qhy8l.

15 hours ago, redfox1971 said:

Sure is a interesting one,I was mistaken as I see it started and ended through 4  of my images so 20mins, don't won't that to happen to often especially when it goes straight through your imaging target.was imaged through Williams optics star 71 and qhy8l.

This may have been IRNSS-1B a geostationary Indian satellite, M45 would pass right by it on the 4th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Regional_Navigation_Satellite_System

Archived