SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Another Pleiades

MattJenko

Here is my take on the seven sisters. It is interesting more for the fact this is an unguided setup using a TS60ED refractor with the TS x0.79 reducer at 260mm focal length, with an ASI1600M cooled CMOS tracking on a StarAdventurer. 30 second exposures for a simple RGB image. 180 subs in Green and Red and 240 subs for Blue for under 5 hours. It took about that to simply calibrate and register them all :) 

I'm still far from happy with the processing, so feedback welcome.

m45.jpg

You know I welcome your feedback Rob :) - I have a feeling that red area is a side effect of my processing. There is a little red background in the raw images, so there is some background red nebulousness,  but I have a feeling my processing has twisted it up a bit and given it a hue and prominence it doesn't warrant.

Taken the feedback on board. I agree the colours are not right, especially in the background. The problems stem from when I neutralized the background and then subsequently stretched. I in effect reduced the dynamic range by going from a % difference between the channels of ~1% to 20% when reduced down to a background absolute value of around 10-20. I have redone the processing and it certainly looks to have a more even, less red and green patchy background. Thanks all :)

m45_ii.jpg

17 minutes ago, MattJenko said:

Taken the feedback on board. I agree the colours are not right, especially in the background. The problems stem from when I neutralized the background and then subsequently stretched. I in effect reduced the dynamic range by going from a % difference between the channels of ~1% to 20% when reduced down to a background absolute value of around 10-20. I have redone the processing and it certainly looks to have a more even, less red and green patchy background. Thanks all :)

That's turned your image into a really good one, small changes but big effect on the final presentation :)

ChrisH

Archived