Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Central America in Narrowband...NGC 7000, southern region.

RobH

Hello all,

I spotted Steves’(Steppenwolfs) excellent RGB image of this area the other day, and it spurred me on to get the data for this processed.

My flats were all over the computer and I just couldn’t dredge up the will to get everything organised!!….thanks for the kick up the posterior Steve :salute:

The data was acquired on the 27th and 30th of June, and the 4th July….apt I suppose considering the subject!

Down in Weymouth, at that time, it was dark enough for imaging at around midnight, and the last useable subs were at just past 3am…..at least it was warm!

I had a look at a map of the central America region, and it really is uncanny how much this looks like that region….Guatamala, Belize, Honduras and Nicaragua are all there…as well as Mexico of course….wonder if they have good Tequila there too :shocked:

Captured with my WO ZS80FD, Atik 16HR, 0.63x FR, Astronomik 13nm narrowband filters, Maxim DL.

Guided with an LX200GPS 14”, DSI pro, PHD. Calibrated and combined in Maxim, processed with PSCS2.

Red (Ha). 30 x 10 minutes

Green (OIII). 9 x 5 minutes binned 2x2

Blue (H-beta) 9 x 5 minutes binned 2x2

Ha used as a luminance layer.

Hope you like it

1st image is reduced in size for easy web viewing, 2nd is full size but heavily compressed to get within the posting limit.

Cheers

Rob

post-14403-133877344103_thumb.jpg

post-14403-133877344108_thumb.jpg

Hello chaps.....This is my first crack at this part of the sky and as you say, there's so much to see. It's very tempting to go for a mosaic but it'll have to wait until I get home in a few weeks though. Plus I still have an M42/Running Man mosaic to get together!

Trouble is, there are so many targets and so little time!!!

Cheers

Rob

Awsome Rob I love the range of clours that are showing through. All to often other peoples pics are usually biased towards Red due to Ha swamping the image. The detail is amazing makes me want to get out and catch some sky myself. I have had no time to go out due to a combination of the weather and PC problems.

Regards

Kevin

Here's the Ha luminance too....

Posted the colour image yesterday on UKAI....not a single comment, good, bad or indifferent....I didn't think it was that bad personally!!!

Cheers

Rob

7308_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Posted the colour image yesterday on UKAI....not a single comment, good, bad or indifferent....I didn't think it was that bad personally!!!

Cheers

Rob

It a beautiful image no doubt about it, but the lack of response can be frustrating as you have obviously put a lot of time and effort in producing it. Keep them coming Rob.

PS all you lurkers somebody has got to post to make a forum

Regards

Kevin

It's we who should be thanking you Rob. Most of what you give us is superb, the rest is pure class.

SGL have the people who can produce the goods, and the members who appreciate them.

Ron. :thumbright:

the false colour narrow band has really emphasised the differrent regions within the neb.

Thanks a lot again for the encouragement!

Martin, the great thing about Ha-OII-H beta narrowband is that it isn't actually false colour.

Unlike the Hubble pallette, the filters are actually in the red, green and blue parts of the spectrum, so while you get the different regions emphasised, the colour is quite natural.

The Hubble pallette uses wavelengths in the red part of the spectrum for red, but also for green, and green wavelengths for blue, hence the false colour.

Some folks really like this, and it's great for seeing the composition of an object, but personally I prefer the natural effect the Ha-OIII-H beta pallette.

Cheers

Rob

Archived