Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Amp glow ?

Singlin

It may be. The best way to find out is shoot a dark frame with the same temperature, same exposure time, and same iso/gain setting.

If it shows the same light pattern, it's most likely amp glow. Otherwise it can be either a gradient or light leakage.

The cases of amp glow I've seen have been more localized, usually in a corner, but who knows. What's the camera? The gradient I see in your image is rather similar to the gradient I get if I image without the cooler on my CCD. If this is from a cooled camera is your cooler working properly?

Olly

Its an Atik 383L

The cooler was working at minus 20.

The OII subs are perfect.

I will open up the Atik filter wheel and make sure that the Ha filter is seated properly.

Ps. I set my alarm for 04:00 to bag the horsehead with my dob and had a few wolves howling just behing the Hotel.

They are after the chamois :icon_biggrin:

Hi

When I used my Atik 383 and EFW2 I got funny problems with reflections.  These were most apparent in my flats but did appear in the final images.  The Ha flats were especially bad.  My issue does not look exactly like your issue, but who knows?  You can read about my issue here: https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/271204-atik-383-flats/#comment-2969934  There are a couple of links to earlier threads that I created before I narrowed down the issue.  I am not the only person to have had this problem.   I was able to fix it by inserting a spacer between the camera and the wheel - not ideal but there you are.  The chap who had the similar problem (on a US forum) inserted a similar sized spacer (6-7mm) to fix his issue too.

I hope this doesn't lead you up any blind alleys.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived